November 14, 2011

Today Was Good

Hello! Welcome to my blog. That's so weird to type...I never thought of myself as someone who would really write about anything. But, last night I was laying in bed and I thought to myself, "I have interests, albeit varying interests, maybe I should create something where I can share those with other people who might share a few of the same." So here we are. Monday night, sharing our...my...interests. Instead of letting you in just like that, "Hi, I'm Meghan, I love blah..blah..blah...," I'm going to tell you why today was good.

Trying to take a decent picture with photobooth is quite difficult.

I caught the bus this morning. I RARELY catch the bus in the morning. In fact, I never really have to. But today, I walked to the bus stop, arrived there at approximately 7:12 am, unsure of what time I could expect the next bus, I looked at the schedule, and wouldn't you know it, the next bus arrived at precisely 7:13. That was the start to a good day. I think that generally, when days start off well, it's really difficult to make them worse. You're not late, rushing around, bustling to get to class, forgetting your coffee on the kitchen counter, only half of your face made up (that may be an exaggeration); instead you get to take your time getting ready, you get to listen to Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, blow dry your hair, and put on an outfit that doesn't consist of tossing on yesterday's pants, a clean shirt, and a cardigan. Yes, today was good. I had time to get coffee before class, the lectures were interesting, and work passed by pretty quickly. I did a bunch of homework over the weekend, so I get to spend the evening creating this project, listening to good music, and discovering the modern-day Sherlock Holmes tv show on Netflix.

Ok, now that I've bored you with my day, I'll tell you a little bit about me (just this once though, that's what the About Me section is for). I grew up in a ski town, I love winter and snow. I love the calm that gently falling snow instills in people. I love the landscape after a fresh snowfall, it's so clean and untouched. I love making fresh tracks in that pristine powder. I also love summer and spring and fall. The flowers that spring brings, the heat and sun of summer, and the crisp air and crunch leaves of autumn. Of course, in the Northwest, crunchy leaves are in kind of short supply. But, I don't mind the rain. It almost has the same effect of snow -at least the sound of it does. Standing in a rainstorm leaves you a lot soggier than a snowstorm. (Can you tell that I'm excited for it to snow?)



I love photography. I think that people who take pictures capture their unique perspective of the world and that photograph gives us a glimpse into their mind. I also think that being able to capture a moment is beautiful.

I love clothes and how they are an outward expression of individuality.

I'm learning to love graphic design. Actually, no. I LOVE graphic design and I can't imagine studying anything else. I'm learning about why I love graphic design -fonts, layouts, colors, brush strokes, happy accidents- it's a complex field but it's so fascinating.

Ok, I think that this first post is plenty long. I'll try to update this with artwork I like, projects of mine (a.k.a. my portfolio), outfits of mine and clothes I'm lusting after, and my general thought on things. Until next time, happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment