November 18, 2011

Florence + The Machine





I ADORE Florence + the Machine. There are many, many reasons why. Florence Welch is such a unique individual, her songs are intense and beautiful with Sylvia Plath-esque lyrics. I love how she combines elements from pop with rock, metal, industrial, and folk music. Her voice is incredibly dynamic and she has an amazingly unique style. 



We'll start with my introduction to her. Dog Days Are Over had been playing everywhere -on the radio, MTV, Fuse, the internet; her lyrics were Facebook status updates, and I got curious. After going on YouTube, I looked at more of her videos and again, I got hooked. Kiss With A Fist is probably one of my favorite songs. It's empowering, danceable, easy to sing along with, and WAY TOO SHORT. The best songs always are...almost. Needless to say, I was very excited for Ceremonials to drop this fall (her follow up album to Lungs). Here are some videos.


The latest video to be released "No Light, No Light" 
"Kiss With A Fist"

Now Flo's style is another reason that I love her so darn much. She has a fantastic figure and she isn't afraid to take risks with fashion. Thankfully, she hasn't been quite as avant garde as Lady Gaga, if she were though, I think she'd pull off a few of the ensembles better than Mother Monster. I think my favorite thing about Flo's style is how eclectic it is. She's bohemian, preppy, grungy, pantsless...you name it. And she pairs almost everything with an incredible pair of shoes. (Who doesn't love a great pair of shoes, really.)

Fantastic vintage shirt paired with chambray high rise shorts and adorable leather flats. 
Love the hat too!
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of this outfit. The leopard print is a little gaudy, and a trend that shouldn't have made a comeback. I do however, love the blouse.
Amazing mini-dress for the red carpet. 
I love how flowy and bohemian this dress is. It has such a Victorian feel.
Dress + Boots = Win

Dear Flo, please keep doing what you do.














No comments:

Post a Comment