November 16, 2011

Sleep Is a Symptom of Caffeine Deprivation

I love coffee. It tastes good, it warms you up on cold days, gives you an extra boost of energy, and you can enjoy it a number of different ways. I love how versatile this beverage is. It can be flavored with syrups, chocolates, through the process of roasting the beans. It can be potent or neutralized by some milk. Even a bad cup of coffee can be made pretty delicious with the use of vanilla, cinnamon, milk, and some sugar. I thought a lot about coffee today. I had time to get a cup before my first class (third day in a row!), and it was probably one of the better cups of coffee I've had on campus. A few weeks ago, they forgot to put the espresso in my drink at the on campus Starbucks, so I've started avoiding a few of the cafes. 





I love the holiday cups at Starbucks, and how they have fall and holiday flavors. Pumpkin spice lattes tend to hit the spot on chilly fall mornings. I also love the coffee culture of the Pacific Northwest. I have yet to visit the original Starbucks in Seattle but I've heard that there's usually quite a crowd. It's always nice to hear friends catching up over a cup of. 


Cafes are another thing I love about coffee. The smell and the atmosphere are always comforting. There's always newspapers or books being read, some form of studying going on, and quiet conversations that drift through out the air, intertwined with the music that quietly plays in the background. 


My favorite thing about coffee though, is that a good cup usually makes me happy. If all it takes to be in a good mood is a cup of coffee, then I think sacrificing a few dollars a day is a pretty good trade off. 


My least favorite thing about coffee is how I almost always spill it on myself at some point during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment