November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

One of my oldest friends flew up here to celebrate Thanksgiving and fall break with me. We had a fantastic time browsing holiday sales (I got two pairs of shoes, jeans, and two shirts...shh.), eating out, making an eclectic Thanksgiving meal, and watching movies, Parks & Recreation, and playing Super Mario. Dinner consisted of mashed potatoes, spinach & feta croissants, cous cous with sauteed mushrooms and peppers, and a delicious salad with green leaf lettuce, dried cranberries, gorgonzola, and poppyseed dressing. We mixed our meal in with the How I Met Your Mother Slapsgiving episodes. If you haven't see them or HIMYM, definitely check them out -so funny.




She'd never before visited the PNW so I showed her some of my favorite spots around town -book stores, clothing stores, restaurants, coffee shops, and the beach, marina, and Boulevard Park. Unfortunately the weather remained stereotypically gray the entire visit so we didn't do a lot of outdoor adventuring like I'd hoped. We did however see the new Twilight movie -it was ridiculously difficult not to burst out laughing for the majority of the film, but I have to say, I'm kind of excited to see the final one. Now that Kat's visit is over, I have to start working on final projects, papers, and studying for exams. Only two weeks left of the quarter! I am so ready to be done with it. Then some leisure time, work, and an overdue trip home for Christmas!


I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and safe travels. 
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment