July 25, 2012

Block Party

So over the weekend, I went on a very last-minute, spur-of-the-moment trip to Seattle for Capitol Hill Block Party. I had been hoping to go before my move but it turned out to be too expensive...or so I thought. I was lucky enough to procure a 3-day pass for about 1/3 of the price, and I caught a ride with my incredible friend, Celeste. Unfortunately I missed Friday and consequently two performances that I really wanted to see -Youth Lagoon and Father John Misty. But I'll catch them another time.


Saturday was a blast. I'd never listened to Beat Connection but their set was surprisingly good. Grimes fulfilled all expectations -the girl rules. And I caught bits and pieces of other performances -ended the night with Major Lazer and a sweaty dancey crowd.


Sunday was the day that I really wanted to go -a bunch of performances I wanted to catch were happening really closely to one another. The highlight was definitely seeing The Lumineers. They're a band from Colorado (the state I hail from) and they have an incredible folky sincerity that just made me smile the entire show. Overall it was a whirlwind of a weekend. Until next time have a looksee at some of my pictures and check out a few music videos by my favorite performers.


Grimes

Major Lazer

Major Lazer

Major Lazer
The Lumineers

No comments:

Post a Comment