October 02, 2012

Tiny Kitchen Tales: Banana Bread

So, I've decided to start a small feature on this blog called Tiny Kitchen Tales. My new apartment has a kitchen with approximately one square foot of counter space. When I moved in, I bought a baking sheet and had to return it because it was too big for my mini oven. Tiny Kitchen. Todays culinary adventure is a classic breakfast staple: banana bread. I've got a thing with bananas where I'll only eat them when they're on the verge of being ripe (still kind of green) and once they're all yellow, I won't touch them. It's a quirk but it makes for quite a few opportunities to make banana bread. So here goes.








If you want to make this you'll need:

  • 3 or 4 smashed ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon (or fork), mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool and enjoy! (I made my with 1/2 a cup melted butter... so tasty.)

No comments:

Post a Comment